San Fernando Valley Criminal Attorney
Weapons Charge Defense Lawyer in Van Nuys, CA
Because weapons charges are politically charged offernses you need a criminal defense law firm that is familiar with the system your case is filed in (we are well known and respected in Van Nuys Court, San Fernando Court, Sylmar Court and all Courts in Los Angeles County). We are attorneys in the San Fernando Valley and we represent those accused of weapons charges. I urge you to call our firm at (818) 986-2092 and set up a free face to face consultation. We will assist you in designing a plan to protect your rights and freedom.
A weapon offense is a criminal act involving the illegal possession, use, or sale of a weapon(s). In the state of California, the following weapons may be considered illegal: firearms (guns), knives, brass knuckles, pepper spray, switchblades, and explosive devices. Of all the weapons mentioned, firearms are the most lethal, and are therefore subjected to stricter legislation.
When it comes to gun control and firearms legislation, California has some of the most rigorous laws, which are outlined below:
- In California, it is illegal to sell firearms that have military features, like an AK47.
- Any person who purchases a firearm must fill out and submit a California Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) and also attend safety training courses.
- Any person who purchases a firearm must go through a licensed dealer.
- Before a person can legally purchase a firearm, he/she must go submit to a background check and a 10 day waiting period.
- According to California's Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) law, leaving a firearm accessible to a child below the age of 14 is a felony.
In January of 2006, California adopted new firearm laws, click here for more information on California's Firearm Legislation.
Experienced Criminal Defense Attorneys
If you have been charged with a weapons offense such as: illegal sale of a weapon, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a concealed weapon, assault with a deadly weapon, or a violent crime involving the use of a weapon, you need to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney. If you are convicted of weapon charges, you may have to spend time in jail, pay fines, or be placed on probation. Additionally, you may lose your right to own a weapon in the future. By hiring a knowledgeable attorney, you will ensure that you receive the best legal representation possible.
The Hedding Law Firm has helped numerous clients who have been charged with weapon offenses. We are skilled criminal defense attorneys who are committed to protecting out clients best interests. If you are facing weapon charges, and you want leading legal counsel, call the Hedding Law Firm today.