Ronald D. Hedding, Esq., is the founding member of the Hedding Law Firm. Mr. Hedding has an extensive well-rounded legal background in the area of Criminal Law. He has worked for the District Attorney’s Office, a Superior Court Judge, and as the guiding force behind the Hedding Law Firm. His multi-faceted experience sets Mr. Hedding apart and puts him in an elite group of the best Criminal Defense Attorneys in Southern California.
After establishing the Hedding Law Firm, Mr. Hedding dedicated himself towards the pursuit of zealously defending his clients to the highest professional standards. He has traveled all over this Nation defending his clients, protecting their interests, reputation and freedom. It is rare to find a Criminal Defense Attorney with the dual ability to successfully fight a case in our jury system and the uncanny skills to negotiate a favorable disposition for his clients. It is even more rare to find an attorney with the wisdom to know the appropriate decision to make at the right time.
In 2002 Mr. Hedding worked for the State Bar of California in the investigation of potential judges. By law when the Governor wants to appoint someone as a judge, he or she must have the investigated and rated by the JNE Commission. As a Commissioner working for the State Bar, Mr. Hedding had the unique opportunity to see how the system works from the inside and participate in a process that helps to shape our Judiciary.
Also of note is that the President of the United States pardoned one of Mr. Hedding’s client after a long battle by the Hedding Law Firm to have the client’s criminal record completely wiped out. A Whitehouse representative called Mr. Hedding and let him know that the President had finally signed has client’s pardon and that the press would be calling, because it was one of the few pardons given out by George Bush in his tenure as President.
Mr. Hedding has been lead counsel in some of the most sensational criminal cases to be played out in Los Angeles County courthouses and at the Federal level. He has received acclaim in Newspapers, on the Radio and in National Publications. The key to Mr. Hedding’s success, whether the case involves a D.U.I. or Murder Charge, lies in his understanding of the Criminal Justice System and the client’s need to be informed of their best legal options, so they can make the most informed decision in protecting their rights.
Current Employment Position(s):
Areas of Practice:
- Drug Crime Defense
- Juvenile Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- White Collar Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Weapons Charges
- Probation Violations
- Violent Crimes
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Superior Court for Los Angeles County
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors and Awards:
- Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year The Editorial Staff of Consumer Business Review, 1999 – Present
- Accepted as Life Member of the National Registry of Who’s Who, 2000 – Present
- Outstanding Professional Award for Dedicated Achievements in the Field of Criminal Law – ABI – USA, 2002 – Present
- Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year – The Editorial Staff of Consumer Business Review, 2003 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 1994 – Present
- America Bar Association, 1995 – Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1998 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 1999 – Present
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, 1995 – Present
Our California criminal defense attorneys focus primarily on defending clients in courts throughout the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles County, including San Fernando Valley, San Fernando, Glendale, Burbank, Hidden Hills, Calabasas, Sylmar, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Mission Hills, Sherman Oaks, Granada Hills, Reseda, Canoga Park, West Hills, Winnetka, Encino, Pacoima, Chatsworth, and North Hollywood, CA.