Will I be Prevented from Seeing my Spouse if I have a Domestic Violence Case in the San Fernando Valley?

Unfortunately, most people don’t realize what will happen once you’re arrested for a domestic violence case in the San Fernando Valley.

They will be given a court date and as part of the criminal policy in the San Fernando Valley and across Los Angeles county, the judge is going to order a full protective order related to your significant other.

You’re going to be ordered to stay 100 yards away from that person at least while the case is pending.  Ultimately, the prosecutors will typically try to get a full protective order and eventually will allow you to see the person if they feel that you are no longer a danger to them; you’re safe to them.

Protective Orders in Domestic Violence Cases

Protective Orders in California Domestic Violence Cases

After you are arrested for domestic violence, prosecutors will try to get a full protective order that prohibits any contact with spouse.

But people get upended all the time because someone gets arrested, they get a court date a month or two months out.

The other person who is their significant other that they allegedly battered, doesn’t try to get a civil restraining order, so those two are allowed to stay together. When the court case comes, the prosecutors have a policy that:

  • they’re going to attempt to block that couple from getting together;
  • they’re going to ask the judge for a full protective order and that’s very detrimental many times because sometimes you’re living with the other person.

Now that person gets the house or the apartment and you no longer have anywhere to go.  What are you supposed to do?

Argument for Peaceful Contact with Spouse

Obviously, to try to counter this, you’re going to need an attorney like Ron Hedding and the Hedding Law Firm because what we’ll do is:

  • we’ll come prepared with an argument to try to keep you in the house;
  • to try to keep you having peaceful contact with your significant other.

That’s the crucial difference between an experienced prepared attorney and an attorney who simply doesn’t know what they’re doing.

That attorney, like their clients, a lot of times will end up getting blindsided by the prosecutor and the judge.

Once the judge makes that ruling and sets the conditions of bail and orders you to stay 100 yards away from that person, it is very difficult to change that ruling except by waiting a number of months, which a lot of people don’t have the luxury to do.

So, obviously, I look at each case separately and independently.  I don’t just make snap judgements on cases.

But, I can tell you right now, I have had a lot of success under the right circumstances, keeping families together, keeping those people who love each other who got themselves in a bad situation, together.

Criminal Defense For Domestic Violence Cases

Criminal Defense For San Fernando Valley Domestic Violence Cases

Call the Hedding Law Firm If charged with domestic violence.

But we have to go in with a plan.  We have to go in with a strategy if we want to have the best chance to avoid that criminal protective order’s long reach where they’re forcing you to stay away from your significant other.

If you’ve got a domestic violence case in the San Fernando Valley, you’ve come to the right place.  I’ve been doing criminal defense in the Valley for the past 27 years:

  • I’ve handled thousands of domestic violence cases;
  • I know how to deal with these protective orders;
  • I also know how to deal with the criminal case.

You can’t just get lost in the protective order.  You’ve got to realize that in addition to the protective order, there’s also going to be potential criminal consequences against you.

So, it’s crucial that you hire an attorney right away.  Come in and sit down with me so we can get the game plan together to protect your rights, your freedom and your reputation.

Hedding Law Firm is a criminal defense law firm located in the San Fernando Valley at 16000 Ventura Blvd #1208 Encino, CA 91436. Contact us for a free case evaluation at (213) 542-0940.